Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Gabber Health Campaign: Part 1 - Gabber Cooking


We kick off the Gabber Health Campaign with Gabber Cooking.
Gabbers and Ravers in general are at risk of bad health. Of course, everyone needs to take care of their health, but we are part of a special risk group:

-endless nights of dancing and producing might take their toll
-some gabbers use and abuse substances
-a lot of us are lower class and healthy food is not easily available
-when you are young and raving, ya dont care about health. do you?
-other issues

Now, bodily health is often a very boring topic, and I do not want to bore you!
So, instead, there is one thing you can do that brings a lot of health benefits, and that is that you cook your own food.

There is hardly any wide spread substance worse in the world right now then fast food, delivered food, microwaved food, any other form of industrially pre-prepared food. if you look it up, most of the time the stuff you can buy at supermarkets or in restaurants is not even food anymore, it is made up out of coal, waste, strains of bacteria, and lots and lots of anorganic matter.

even the organic-vegan-tofu-eating crowd usually munches on lots of heavily processed food they bought somewhere, which is then not so organic at all.

so now to the fun part: cooking your own food is fun and easy, and even your grandparents knew how to do it.
you can find good recipes online.
if you cook your own meal, and want to do something for your health, it's important that the ingredients are not already totally processed. i.e. actual bell peppers, spices, aubergines, or whatever you want to eat. and not something that comes in a box, gets watered, and then ran through the microwave.

in order to spread the joy of cooking, here is a gabber track about the very topic.
maybe you even want to cook the food that is mentioned in the lyrics, but if you chop vegetables at 180 bpm, take care of your fingers, too!


Lyrics:

Welcome to another session of
Gabber Cooking

I slice the peppers I slice the peppers I slice the peppers
I peel the garlic I peel the garlic I slice the garlic
I add the spices I add the spices I add the Spices
I grate the cheese

I pre heat the oven
I slice the tomatoes
I stir the pot the pot the pot
I add the herbs the herbs the herbs

I boil the water boil the water
I cook the rice
I cut the onions
I fry the tofu I fry the tofu and the onions

I bang pots and pans

I eat it up I eat it up I eat it all up

and on the next day... I cook again!

No comments:

Post a Comment