Thursday, August 3, 2023

The Short Bios: Murmuur

We started a new feature series called "The Short Bios" in which we ask DJs and producers of the Hardcore spectrum 16 questions so that they can showcase themselves, their music, their activities and so on.
So it's like a short bio / interview.

This time we asked Murmuur.

1. Tell us a little about yourself, who you are, where you a from, etc. a little introduction.

I'm Fran Perez aka Murmuur, 39 y/o and i live in Barcelona. 

2. How did you get involved in Hardcore and its subgenres?

I have always been passionate about music, here in Barcelona when I was a teenager, makina music predominated in the discos, thanks to internet and audiogalaxy I discovered hardcore, with many of its subgenres.

3. What inspires you as a producer?

Any aspect of life can inspire you to produce, from stress, anxiety, anger, melancholy to happiness. I try to listen to a lot of tracks from other producers, whatever the style, to get inspired too.

4. What DAW or equipment are you using for your music?

I use Ableton Live and a Midi Keyboard.

5. Is there something particular you want to express with your music? Emotions, an idea, something political?

Each track has been influenced by my state of mind so I would like to know what listeners feel when listening to my tracks!

6. What are some tracks or releases you did that you are especially proud of? Let us know.

I am proud of all my tracks, It doesn't matter if are better or worse produced. That's a part of me, and as in every aspect of life, there are always moments when things turn out better but you always have to try to give everything you have.

7. Any good / bad experiences that you had with gigs and want to mention?

I've only had the chance to play a few of my tracks at raves with friends at the beginning of my "producer life". It was special to do a set with my tracks, but I feel more proud when other djs send me videos playing my tracks.

8. Any other interesting / funny / emotional story that you had in your "Hardcore history" that you want to share?

I've always been a fan of artcore and Ruffneck Records. In 2004 I went to my first party in the Netherlands (Decibel Outdoor), just to see Patrick on stage... I didn't know anyone from my city who wanted to go so I met two friends via Soulseek from cities quite far away with whom I went on a trip. An unforgettable experience.

9. What other artists do you admire?

It would be impossible to name them all...Ophidian, Lenny Dee, Hellfish, Rexanthony, The Dj Producer, Manu le Malin, Leviathan, Buzz Fuzz, Traffik,  Acardipane, Zenith, Zekt, Predator, Promo, Armageddon Project, Fifth Era, Embrionyc, Nosferatu, Celsius, Low Entropy, Dr.Strange, Mad Dog, Fracture 4, Peaky Pounder, N-Vitral, Mute, Satronika, Dj Niel, The Outside Agency, The Relic, Mindustries, Moleculez,  Neophyte, Catscan, Endymion, Hibou, Neurocore, Rexanthony,Strange Arrival, Antraxid, Starving Insect,Hypoxic, Void Settler, Ferox, Somniac One, Ki-Real, Densha Crisis, Miro, The Horrorist...I'm sure I'll leave many...but I want to highlight the new generation too...Machinist, Creature, Is:End, Tyrant-X, Silent Humanity, Braintune, Hardez, Desolation, Xkri, Havocknoize, Life Runs Dark,  Rabbeat, CRPTC, Nimravid, Demanufacturer, Mindwalker, Formek, Der Cherep, 6ejou, FLUCC...


10. What are some of your favorite records or tracks?

Knightvision - Knight of Visions
Mikan Enikki - Spatial Airstream
Miro - The Shining
Ferox - Fear(ox)
Endorphin - The Great Strife
Zekt - External
Zenith - A tear in Heart
Enzyme X - Phaseshift
Armageddon Project - Phase 2
RMB -The Place to Be
Cubic Nomad & Embrionyc - Aural Waves

11. What are you aiming for in your music? Any goals, visions, things that you want to achieve?

I just want to continue enjoying making music

12. What are your plans for the near future? Upcoming releases, gigs, and such.

Many eps and remixes for labels from all over the world. Stay tuned...

13. What do you think of the "Hardcore scene" right now? Anything you'd like to change?

Hardcore is not a fashion style.The scene is always changing... there are things that I like and things that I don't... but I always believe that there has to be respect.

14. What other music besides Hardcore do you like, or are involved in?

I love spanish Hip-Hop(Violadores del Verso, Tote King, Rapsusklei, ZPU, Nach,SFDK, Falsa Alarma...), hard trance from before 2000 (Nostrum, Gary D, Gollum, Cocooma, Dj Manga, DJ Hitch-Hiker & DJ Jacques Dumont, Datura...), makina music from the same time. and when I want to escape I listen to Linkin Park, Metallica or the soundtracks of Hans Zimmer.

15. What other interests or activities besides strictly music do you want to mention? Like painting art, movies or political activism...

Apart from music and my work I only have time for my daughters and my wife, I try to travel with them as much as I can.

16. Anything else you want to tell our readers? Whatever it is, feel free to tell our readers!

Perseverance and effort in anything you want to do in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment